Studio Contents & Equipment Insurance

Why do I need Studio Contents & Equipment insurance cover?

Studio contents and equipment insurance is a type of business insurance that can protect the possessions and equipment in your work premises. It’s also known as commercial contents or business assets insurance.  
A typical business contents insurance policy will cover damage or loss to furniture, tools and equipment as a result of a fire, flood or theft.

If your business premises were to be flooded, destroyed/damaged in a fire, or the premises were broken into and vandalised and you needed to replace everything inside, could you afford to do so straight away?

And if your equipment on site was damaged would it seriously disrupt the day-to-day operations of the business? If so, studio contents and equipment insurance is exactly what you need.

Accidents can happen at any time. This cover gives you peace of mind that you’ll be able to get operational again with a minimum of fuss, should the worst happen.

A Claim Example

Your studio is broken into and equipment stolen. We can offer cover for the replacement of the equipment and the repairs to the damage caused by the thieves within the studio.

What should I do if I think an incident may have occurred?

Any incident must be reported to Inksurance in the first instance and we will work on your behalf to liaise between you and the Insurance Company to ensure the claim is settled as quickly as possible.


Consumer policies tend to have a cooling off period. Some commercial policies will offer a pro rata cancellation refund if cancelled mid-term. Some policies are known as minimum and deposit. This means all the premium is due from the moment you take up the policy with no refunds given. It is always worth consulting with us regarding any questions you have around this. Our aim is always to provide you with the insurance solution which best fits your business and current needs.

This is a non-refundable insurance policy, usually reserved for liability insurance policies.

Only if you have no leeway within your policy and are required to do so under the terms of the wording. Most policies that require a turnover to be declared will be based on a year-end adjustable basis. This means that provided you do not exceed any of the triggers (i.e. exceed 25% or 50% of declared turnover) then you can wait until renewal and make a declaration. Insurers will reserve the right to charge if the amount is higher than the original declared amount. You will need to check what allowances your policy makes.

On some occasions they do via selected registers. The best approach is to declare everything you think is relevant, thus removing any concerns you may have about historical data.

If you have sent us a proposal form, we can start sourcing you a quote straight away. If you simply fill in your details and submit them on the site, we will typically come back to you the same working day or next working day if you fill in our form outside of working hours.

Policies vary greatly. Some products, like high net worth private household policies give very broad cover including warranty free policies whilst other policies may restrict cover to very narrow set of conditions using policy wordings. It is also true that insurers approach to claims handling varies greatly and you should always enquire as to how well an insurer deals with claims.

This is when a proportional amount of the premium is refunded in line with the amount of time that remained on the policy.

The answer is an emphatic yes! Most insurers will ask you a direct question in relation to liquidation or bankruptcies, it may be for a limited period or ask you to declare any incidents ever. It’s important to answer the question correctly as this is often an area that comes up when insurers are investigating claims.

Request a Call Back

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.