Buildings Insurance

Building Insurance is not always required on a standard shop insurance policy unless you own the building your business is in. Our research shows that tattoo artists and/or body piercers in the UK tend to rent the property they work from. It would then be the landlords responsibility to arrange the cover for the Buildings Insurance.

However, the landlord could make a clause in the rental or lease agreement that you must provide cover yourself.  We could work with you to ensure that the Building is covered and the landlord would be noted on the policy.

We would never advise working without this cover as this is what protects you should an accident happen, for example a smashed window or structural damage to the building

If you have any further questions about Buildings Insurance cover, or you would like to make sure you have the adequate cover in place, please get in contact with us. We have also put together a list of our most frequently asked questions (and answers to these) from our clients below and hope they will be of some help to you.

Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

What is Buildings Insurance?2019-08-05T22:38:01+01:00

Buildings insurance would cover the cost of repairing or rebuilding your property after an insured incident.

This may also cover additional costs you may incur including demolition and rubble clearance plus legal action and any compensation claim/s made against you if a third party is injured or their property suffers damage as a result of a defect in your property.
This also includes the cost of medical treatment and transportation costs incurred by the NHS should they claim this amount from your business

What Level of Buildings Cover Should I Have?2019-08-05T22:38:31+01:00

It completely depends on the the current market rate for rebuilding costs, however, if you have a Mortgage on the property, the lender will require proof that you have cover for at least the amount you have borrowed if not more. You should definitely find this out before taking out cover, although it is possible to increase this limit during your period of cover.

Is it Illegal not to have Buildings Insurance?2019-08-05T22:39:00+01:00

No, but if you have a loan or mortgage on the premises your lender may insist on it

Where do we source our buildings insurance quotes from?2019-08-05T22:39:30+01:00

We work exclusively with Insurers that specialise in looking after businesses within the tattoo and piercing community. These insurers offer specified extensions of cover that will aim to protect your business in the event of an incident occurring. Standard policies will not offer the same level of cover.

How much can I expect to pay for Buildings insurance?2019-08-05T22:40:07+01:00

The price will vary depending on your postcode and the value of the property.

Can I purchase buildings insurance on its own?2019-08-05T22:40:36+01:00

Yes, you can or you can either purchase it with Contents cover or Liability and treatment risks cover.  Whichever is the best option for you Inksurance will be able to help you

Do Insurers share information on claims?2019-08-05T22:48:16+01:00

On some occasions they do via selected registers. The best approach is to declare everything you think is relevant, thus removing any concerns you may have about historical data.

What happens after I fill in a Request a Quote Form?2019-08-05T22:57:51+01:00

If you have sent us a proposal form, we can start sourcing you a quote straight away. If you simply fill in your details and submit them on the site, we will typically come back to you the same working day or next working day if you fill in our form outside of working hours.

Are all policies you sell exactly the same?2019-08-05T22:58:42+01:00

Policies vary greatly. Some products, like high net worth private household policies give very broad cover including warranty free policies whilst other policies may restrict cover to very narrow set of conditions using policy wordings. It is also true that insurers approach to claims handling varies greatly and you should always enquire as to how well an insurer deals with claims.

What is a pro rata refund?2019-08-05T22:59:33+01:00

This is when a proportional amount of the premium is refunded in line with the amount of time that remained on the policy.

Do I need to declare any adverse financial history?2019-08-05T23:00:43+01:00

The answer is an emphatic yes! Most insurers will ask you a direct question in relation to liquidation or bankruptcies, it may be for a limited period or ask you to declare any incidents ever. It’s important to answer the question correctly as this is often an area that comes up when insurers are investigating claims.

Phone widget

Request a quote now

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Go to Top